Water Systems Specialist - Water Quality
The South Adams County Water & Sanitation District (SACWSD), dedicated to providing affordable and sustainable water resources to its customers, is seeking an individual at our Klein Water Treatment Plant, in the Water Quality Department.
This position aids in the operation and maintenance of the District’s water system with an emphasis in water quality.
- Collects and analyzes water samples
- Collects clear water samples
- Performs water system monitoring
- Maintains accurate data records
- Performs hydrant flushing
- Investigates water quality and system pressure complaints.
- Perform fire flow tests and water distribution pressure checks to help resolve customer issues and complaints.
- Provides support to the water quality lab chemists and supervisor
- Assists in water conservation and drought enforcement programs
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelors degree with coarse work in chemistry, biology or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience. A valid, current Colorado Driver’s License required. A minimum of 1 year water quality, water operations, environmental programs or similar industry related experience. Minimum of a Class D Water Operators certification and Distribution 1 certification preferred. Cross connection/backflow and microbiology analysis experience preferred.
Strong technical and mathematical aptitude, with troubleshooting and problem solving abilities. Must be detail oriented, with effective organizational, communication and administrative skills, including MS Office. Self starter, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment necessary.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
Salary range: $20.42 – 30.63/hr. May be filled at a higher level based on experience and certifications. The District offers a comprehensive benefit package including 100% paid medical/dental premiums with involvement in the wellness program.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Pay: $20.42 to $30.63/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-W-08