Water Systems Maintenance
The South Adams County Water & Sanitation District (SACWSD), dedicated to providing affordable and sustainable water resources to its customers, is seeking an individual in a maintenance capacity. The District is embarking on a 50 million dollar treatment addition to include innovative pellet treatment technology for hardness treatment.
This position maintains all plant equipment and facilities associated with the District’s raw water well supplies, water treatment facilities and distribution system reservoirs and pump stations including:
- Equipment troubleshooting
- Performing corrective and preventative maintenance on
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose PLC/SCADA issues
Qualified candidates are required to have:
- High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in water/wastewater utilities or related field
- Minimum of Class 1 Distribution Systems Certification. Water Operators certification desirable
- Valid, current Colorado Driver’s License
- Solid mechanical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience using hand/power tools
- Strong problem solving skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Products, Outlook and asset management programs.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs frequently and work in a variety of conditions.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
The District pays 100% of the medical and dental insurance premiums with successful completion of wellness.
Salary range 17.28 - 36.19/hr, dependent on experience and certifications
Pay: $17.28 to $30.63/hour
The District pays 100% of the medical and dental insurance premiums with successful completion of wellness. Other benefits include vision, life, disability, and pet insurance, 457 savings plan, pension plan, EAP, paid time off, paid holidays and uniforms.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21-W-09