The South Adams County Water & Sanitation District (SACWSD), dedicated to providing affordable and sustainable water resources to its customers, is seeking a qualified Water Operator. The District is embarking on a 50 million dollar treatment addition to include innovative pellet treatment technology for hardness treatment. The Klein Water Treatment Facility is rated as a State of Colorado Class A facility.
This position operates and maintains all plant equipment, processes and facilities associated with the District’s potable system and non-potable dual irrigation system including:
- Advanced water treatment processes utilizing GAC
- Well pumping and Flow monitoring
- Preventative maintenance
- Performs routine and emergency operations and maintenance work including, but not limited to:
- repairing pumps/motors
- controlling and adjusting chemical feeds
- responding to alarms
- setting appropriate flow and pressure controls on the potable and dual irrigation systems
- facility and building upkeep
Qualified candidates are required to have:
- High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Colorado Water Operator and Systems Certification required, Operator A preferred
- Valid, current Colorado Driver’s License
- Solid mechanical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Products, Outlook and water treatment SCADA technology
- Work collaboratively in providing the best level of water quality to the District residents
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and master unique technology (pellet treatment)
Must be able to respond to inquiries and emergencies as well as participate in the on-call rotation as necessary (currently scheduled every fifth week). The Klein water treatment facility is automated and currently staffed 10 hours per day. Night shift and/or response to alarms after 5:00 p.m. may occur.
Must be able to lift 60 lbs occasionally and work in a variety of facilities, temperatures and weather conditions.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
The District offers a salary commensurate with qualifications and certificate level
Salary Range Operator A $25.81 - $38.72
Salary Range Operator B/C $20.48 - $32.77
Salary Range Operator D $18.49 - $26.85
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package including 100% medical/dental premiums paid with meeting wellness goals as well as vision, basic life/disability pension, 457 plan, PTO, & paid holidays.
visit https://jobs.sacwsd.org/ to submit a resume; Position open until filled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21-W-10