Water Operator Trainee
The South Adams County Water & Sanitation District (SACWSD), dedicated to providing affordable and sustainable water resources to its customers, is seeking an entry level water operator trainee to support operations staff at our new treatment plant addition that uses innovative pellet treatment technology for hardness treatment.
This position will support operations staff in their daily duties which includes monitoring and control of potable and non-potable water facilities. The Operator trainee will be assisting with:
- Chemical deliveries
- Process monitoring
- Record keeping
- Preventative maintenance
- Facility maintenance and housekeeping
Qualified candidates are required to have:
- High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Interest/ability to obtain Colorado Operators license D
- Valid, current Colorado Driver’s License
- Effective time management, collaboration, and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft products
- Chemistry, mechanical, or electrical training
- Mechanical aptitude with problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
Must be able to lift 60 lbs occasionally and work in a variety of facilities, temperatures and weather conditions.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
This is a full time/temporary position for 2021, which may be extended for 2022 at the discretion of the District.
Salary Range $17.28 - $20.00/hr
The District offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, basic life/disability, pension plan, 457 savings plan, PTO, and paid holidays.
visit https://jobs.sacwsd.org/ to submit a resume
Pay: $17.28 to $20/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 21-W-11