Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
South Adams County Water & Sanitation is dedicated to providing reliable, affordable, and sustainable water resources and services in order to protect public health, the environment, and quality of life. We are looking to fill a Wastewater Treatment Plan Operator position.
This position operates and maintains all treatment processes, equipment and facilities associated with the District’s wastewater treatment which may include:
- Preliminary Treatment
- Biological and UV Treatment
- Pumping and Flow monitoring
- Grit removal
- Sampling & routine lab analysis
- Preventative maintenance
Qualified candidates are required to have:
- High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Colorado Wastewater Operator Certification preferred
- Valid, current Colorado Driver’s License
- Solid mechanical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with activated sludge helpful
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Office and SCADA technology
Must be able to respond to inquiries and emergencies as well as participate in the on-call rotation as necessary (currently scheduled every fifth week). The Wastewater treatment plant is automated and currently staffed 10 hours per day, on a rotational schedule. Response to alarms after 5:00 p.m. may occur.
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
The District offers a salary commensurate with qualifications and certificate level:
Salary Range Operator A $28.11-42.15
Salary Range Operator B/C $23.23-38.33
Salary Range Operator D/trainee $19.34 - $31.24
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package including 100% paid medical/dental premiums with meeting wellness goals as well as vision, basic life/disability pension, 457 savings plan, money purchase pension plan, PTO, paid holidays, uniform allowance, pet insurance and discount partners.
visit https://jobs.sacwsd.org/ to submit a resume; Position open until filled
Pay: $20 to $42/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-WW-15