The South Adams County Water and Sanitation District is looking to add to our team for the role of Wastewater Operator.
This position operates and maintains all treatment processes, equipment and facilities associated with the District’s wastewater treatment which may include:
- Flow monitoring
- Preliminary treatment
- Grit removal
- Biological and UV treatment
- Sampling & Routine lab analysis
- Preventative maintenance
- Maintenance and cleaning of buildings & grounds upkeep
The qualified candidate may also respond to emergencies as well as participate in the on-call rotation schedule.
Qualified candidates are required to have:
- High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Colorado Wastewater Operator and Systems Certification minimum Operator D preferred, If not certified, ability to obtain certification within 1 year
- Valid, current Colorado Driver’s License
- Solid mechanical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with activated sludge helpful
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Products, Outlook and SCADA technology
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
The District offers a salary commensurate with qualifications and certificate level:
Salary Range Operator A $25.81 - $38.72
Salary Range Operator B/C $20.48 - $32.77
Salary Range Operator D $18.49 - $26.85
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package including 100% medical/dental premiums paid with meeting wellness goals as well as vision, basic life/disability pension, 457 plan, PTO, & paid holidays.
visit https://jobs.sacwsd.org/ to submit a resume; Position open until filled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21-WW-16