Utility Specialist - Inspection, Water Systems
The South Adams County Water and Sanitation District is dedicated to providing affordable, sustainable water resources including quality water, wastewater and related services to our customers in a manner that promotes public health, safety and quality of life. We are looking to fill a position within our Development Department.
This position requires the following job duties:
- Completes post construction walk-throughs and attends to the punch list
- Assist in performing inspection of new District infrastructure installation as part of new subdivision developments
- Assist in performing inspections of new infrastructure for residential, commercial and industrial type businesses
- Ability in working through daily construction conflicts between other utilities
- Ability to coordinate workload along with demands by contractors in an active development environment
- Ability to work with multi-jurisdictional construction regulations and align with District Construction Standards
- Communication with project owners and civil contractors to daily construction challenges
- Coordinates on-site locate requests with developers, contractors and others
- Assist in conducting locates on water, irrigation and sanitary sewer utilities throughout the District
- Maintains appropriate electronic and paper files, logs and requests
The qualified candidate may participate in the on-call rotation schedule.
Qualified candidates should have a High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid, current Driver’s License required. Will be required to obtain Colorado State Distribution & Collection Certification within 24 months of hire.
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the construction of sanitary sewer, water and irrigation utilities, or related construction, and/or inspection experience. Demonstrated ability to perform post construction walk-throughs along with solid knowledge of operations and construction of water utility lines, hydrants, pumps, controls, and equipment. Proficiency in reading construction plans, standards and Rules & Regulations to solve conflicts.
Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and GIS end user daily tasks. Solid problem solving, troubleshooting and communication skills required. Must be able to adapt to changing priorities, procedures, conditions and circumstances, along with the solid ability to work independently and take ownership of multiple projects.
This position is primarily a field position. A company vehicle will be assigned for use only while at work or on-call.
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
Salary Range: 20.42– 36.19/hr., DOQ
Application Deadline Wednesday July 24, 2019 at 3:00 pm (mt)
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.sacwsd.org for more info
Pay: $20.42 to $36.19/hour
Salary commensurate with experience/certifications. Pays 100% medical/dental premiums with meeting wellness guidelines
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-Dev-12