South Adams County Water & Sanitation is dedicated to providing reliable, affordable, and sustainable water resources and services in order to protect public health, the environment, and quality of life. We are seeking an individual at our Wastewater Treatment Plant for the position of Industrial Pretreatment Specialist.
This position coordinates the District’s industrial pretreatment program including:
- Preparing, issuing, reviewing and monitoring discharge permits
- Industrial facility inspections – physical site visit, and survey completion
- Reviewing discharge monitor reports, to ensure compliance
- Prepare and issue letters of violation and corrective correspondence
- Assist in coordination of system pollutant source investigations
- Educating customers of discharge regulations and permitting requirements
- Sampling and Flow monitoring
- Provide follow up to customers in accordance to guidelines
Qualified candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in physical, biological, environmental or engineering studies or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in pretreatment, wastewater/water operations, environmental or related regulatory field
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal environmental regulations
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Solid communication, problem solving and analytical abilities
- A valid, current Driver’s License
- Proficient MS Office with strong Excel proficiency
This position requires working in the field, in a variety of locations and conditions as well as in-office.
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
This position may be filled at the technician or specialist level, based on qualifications.
Salary Range $26.00 – 40.00/hr
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package including 100% paid medical/dental premiums with meeting wellness goals as well as vision, basic life/disability, money purchase pension plan, 457 savings plan, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, uniform allowance, pet insurance and discount partners.
visit https://jobs.sacwsd.org/ to submit a resume; Position open until filled
Pay: $26 to $40/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 23-WW-10