GIS Technician / Specialist
The South Adams County Water & Sanitation District (SACWSD), dedicated to providing affordable and sustainable water resources to its customers, is seeking a GIS Technician/Specialist.
This position will provide assistance to the GIS Department:
- Manage and update District assets
- Collect, verify, manipulate and edit data associated with those assets
- Create maps using ESRI ArcGIS software/AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Conduct mapping research to ensure data accuracy
- Provide drafting and design services as needed
Qualified candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS or related field, minimum 1 year experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid, current Colorado Driver’s License required, with clean MVR.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Office products
- Experience in ArcGIS Pro, AutoCAD and GPS field data collection.
- Ability to use hand held GPS unit.
- Ability to work independently with solid problem solving and communication skills.
- Solid experience with researching, collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong attention to detail.
This position requires work in a variety of locations, terrains and conditions. Ability to lift up to 60 lbs occasionally is necessary.
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
Salary Range: $20.42 – $30.63/hr
Medical/Dental premiums paid at 100% with meeting Wellness guidelines. Other benefits include vision, basic life & disability, 457 retirement savings plan, pension plan, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, uniform/jean allowance, pet insurance, employee assistance plan (EAP) and legal/ID protection insurance.
Position Open until filled
Visit https://jobs.sacwsd.org/ for more info and to apply
Pay: $20.42 to $30.63/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21-DC-08