The South Adams County Water & Sanitation District (SACWSD), dedicated to providing affordable and sustainable water resources to its customers, is seeking an experienced individual for our GIS Specialist position.
This position develops and maintains geographic information system (GIS) for the District by:
- Manage and update District assets
- Collect, verify, manipulate and edit data associated with those assets
- Create maps using ESRI ArcGIS software/AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Conduct mapping research to ensure data accuracy
- Provide drafting and design services as needed
- Maintains and updates databases
- Provides GIS technical related support
Qualified candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Office products
- Minimum 4 years related GIS experience preferably in water/wastewater utility
- Experience in ArcGIS Pro, AutoCAD and GPS field data collection.
- Ability to use hand held GPS unit.
- Ability to work independently with solid problem solving and communication skills.
- Solid experience with researching, collecting and analyzing data.
- Strong attention to detail.
This position requires work in a variety of locations, terrains and conditions. Ability to lift up to 60 lbs occasionally is necessary. Valid driver’s license necessary to drive to various District locations.
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
Salary Range: $25.81 – $38.72/hr
Medical/Dental premiums paid at 100% with meeting Wellness guidelines. Other benefits include vision, basic life & disability, 457 retirement savings plan, pension plan, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, uniform/jean allowance, pet insurance, employee assistance plan (EAP).
Position Open until filled
Visit https://jobs.sacwsd.org/ for more info and to apply
Pay: $25.81 to $38.72/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21-GIS-23