Field Maintenance - Water Utility
Are you are looking for a rewarding and stable career opportunity? The South Adams County Water and Sanitation District, dedicated to providing affordable, sustainable water resources including quality water, wastewater and related services to our customers, is looking for field maintenance staff.
This field position performs a variety of duties including:
- Installs, repairs, replaces water, irrigation and wastewater system pipeline
- Maintains and services water, irrigation and wastewater system pipeline
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Operates and maintains equipment which may include backhoes, front end loaders, skidsters, tractors, and dump trucks
- Organize and perform traffic and work zone safety
- Operate and maintain fire hydrants, valves, air vacuum assemblies
- Participate in the on-call rotation schedule and respond to emergencies
Qualified candidates should have:
- A High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid drivers license
- Experience in water/wastewater industry, utilities, construction or related field helpful.
- State of Colorado Distribution and Collection System Certifications helpful
- Solid knowledge in use of hand and power tools
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Heavy equipment experience desired
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Solid problem solving, troubleshooting and communication skills
- Solid ability to adapt to changing priorities, working in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs frequently and work in changing weather conditions
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
Salary Range: $ 22-$31/hr based on certifications/experience
Medical/Dental premiums paid at 100% with meeting Wellness guidelines. Other benefits include vision, basic life/disability, 457 retirement savings plan, pension plan, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, uniform/jean allowance, pet insurance, employee assistance plan (EAP), and wellness plan.
Visit https://jobs.sacwsd.org/ for more info and to apply
Pay: $22 to $31/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22-DC-17