Field Maintenance - Water Utilities
The South Adams County Water and Sanitation District is dedicated to providing affordable, sustainable water resources including quality water, wastewater and related services to our customers in a manner that promotes public health, safety and quality of life. We are looking to add to our Maintenance department.
This field position performs a variety of duties including:
- Installs, repairs, replaces water, irrigation and wastewater system pipeline.
- Maintains and services water, irrigation and wastewater system pipeline.
- Operates and maintains equipment which may include backhoes, front end loaders, skidsters, tractors, and dump trucks.
- Organize and perform traffic and work zone safety.
- Operate and maintain fire hydrants, valves, air vacuum assemblies.
- May perform landscaping.
- May work in trenches.
- Participate in the on-call rotation schedule and respond to emergencies
Qualified candidates should have:
- A High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid, current Driver’s License. CDL preferred (will be required to obtain within 1 year).
- Experience in water/wastewater industry, utilities, construction or related field.
- Minimum Colorado Distribution I and Collection System I Certifications preferred
- Solid knowledge in use of hand and power tools
- Solid knowledge in electrical, mechanical and plumbing practices
- Equipment troubleshooting
- Heavy equipment experience desired
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Solid problem solving, troubleshooting and communication skills
- Solid ability to adapt to changing priorities, working in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs frequently is necessary.
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
Minimum Salary Range: $17.28 – $25.09/hr for a level 1 maintenance employee.
Higher salary range for levels 2-4, $19.14 - $36.19 based on skills, abilities and certifications.
Medical/Dental premiums paid at 100% with meeting Wellness guidelines. Other benefits include: Vision, Basic Life/Disability, PTO, Paid Holidays, Uniform Allowance, Pet Insurance, 457 Savings Plan, and Pension Plan.
Visit www.sacwsd.org for more info and to apply or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, through August 7, 2020.
Pay: $17.28 to $36.19/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20-DC-3