Field Maintenance - Water Distribution/Collection Systems
The South Adams County Water and Sanitation District is dedicated to providing affordable, sustainable water resources including quality water, wastewater and related services to our customers in a manner that promotes public health, safety and quality of life. We are looking to add to our Maintenance department.
This field position performs a variety of duties including:
- Installs, repairs, replaces water, irrigation and wastewater system pipeline.
- Maintains and services water, irrigation and wastewater system pipeline.
- Operates and maintains equipment which may include backhoes, front end loaders, skidsters, tractors, and dump trucks.
- Organize and perform traffic and work zone safety.
- Operate and maintain fire hydrants, valves, air vacuum assemblies.
- May perform landscaping.
- May work in trenches.
- Participate in the on-call rotation schedule and respond to emergencies
Qualified candidates should have:
- A High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid, current Driver’s License. CDL preferred (will be required to obtain within 1 year).
- Experience in water/wastewater industry, utilities, construction or related field.
- Colorado Distribution I and Collection System I Certifications preferred, but NOT required (will be required to obtain within 24 months).
- Solid knowledge in use of hand and power tools
- Solid knowledge in electrical, mechanical and plumbing practices
- Equipment troubleshooting.
- Heavy equipment experience desired.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
- Solid problem solving, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Solid ability to adapt to changing priorities, procedures, conditions and circumstances, working in a team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedures and maps.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs frequently is necessary.
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
Minimum Salary Range: 16.92 – 24.57/hr for a level 1 maintenance employee. Higher salary range for levels 2-4, based on skills/abilities/certifications.
Medical/Dental premiums paid at 100% with participation in Wellness.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, through 11/26/18. Visit www.sacwsd.org for more info
Pay: $16.92 to $24.57/hour
Excellent, comprehensive benefit package
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18-DC-14