Distribution & Collection Systems Manager
The South Adams County Water & Sanitation District (SACWSD), dedicated to providing affordable and sustainable water resources to its customers in the Commerce City population, and is presently the largest combined Water and Sanitation District in the state of Colorado covering over 65 square miles and serving nearly 65,000 customers, is seeking a Distribution & Collection Systems Manager.
This position oversees, manages and directs the District’s distribution and collection system department including:
- Development review and inspection
- Maintenance and renewal/replacement of water distribution and wastewater collection system infrastructure
- Fleet and facilities maintenance
- Prepares short/long term capital expenditure budgets as well as the annual department budget
- Attends monthly District Board meetings presenting information to management, Board of Directors and public groups
- Provides leadership and guidance
- Implements initiatives
- Provides strategic planning and implementation of programs
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelors Degree in civil engineering, environmental science, management or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A current, valid Colorado driver’s license
- Minimum five years experience in the water utilities industry
- Minimum five years of supervisory experience
- Expert knowledge of water distribution and wastewater collection systems design, construction and operation
- Expert knowledge and understanding of engineering principles, practices and planning processes Effective problem solving and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS office products
Successful candidate will be required to complete a background check and drug screen prior to employment.
The District offers a competitive salary and benefit package including 100% paid medical/dental premium with wellness goals met; vision; life/disability; pension plan; 457 savings plan; EAP, pet insurance; and discount partners.
Salary Range: $93,768 – 145,341 annualized
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Visit https://jobs.sacwsd.org/ to submit a resume/cover letter
Pay: $93,768 to $145,341/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21-DC-28