Backflow Program Specialist
The South Adams County Water & Sanitation District (SACWSD), dedicated to providing affordable and sustainable water resources to its customers, is seeking an individual at its Wastewater Treatment Plant for the position of Backflow Program Specialist.
This position visits the District’s industrial users and gathers field information necessary for the implementation and compliance of the Backflow Program including:
- Industrial facility inspections – physical site visit, survey completion, and may perform tests
- Completes inspection reports
- Ensures commercial industries are compliant with backflow devices/testing
- Performs testing on District backflow devices
- Updates and maintains program databases, maintains notes and correspondence
- Prepare and issue letters of violation and corrective correspondence
- Provide follow up to customers in accordance to guidelines
- Coordinates with development review regarding tapping approvals for backflow devices
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Physical, biological, or environmental studies desirable. A valid, current Colorado Driver’s License, is required. Backflow testing certification and Colorado Water Distribution certification is helpful.
Prior experience related to environmental regulatory programs, backflow prevention, wastewater/water operations is necessary. Working knowledge of local, state and federal environmental regulations helpful.
Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Word and Outlook, with strong Excel skills. Solid organizational, communication, customer service, problem solving and writing skills required. Must be detail oriented.
This position is split with approximately 50% in the office and 50% in the field. Field work requires work in a variety of locations and conditions.
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment. Application deadline 12/13/2019, 3pm mt.
Salary range $20.42 – $36.19/hr, depends on qualifications and certifications.
Apply at https://jobs.sacwsd.org/jobs or Send cover letter and resume to Jobline@sacwsd.org
Pay: $20.42 to $36.19/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19-WW-24